Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Green? Not likely

One of my biggest bug bears about living here so far is the fact that you can't recycle. Everytime I throw paper, glass or plastic in the bin I feel incredibly guilty but there's really nothing I can do. There are no recycling facilities here. End of story. You would think that in a place where car is king that carbon neutral would be the way to go, but no. Green is not Dubai's favourite colour (unless it's on a nice plush lawn that gets watered everyday). Everytime you go to the supermarket the assistant wants to bag everything seperately. It drives me nuts! They bag everything before I've even had a chance to pull out my nice canvas bags.

So when we return home I will be making sure that the Patel family recycles everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment